The desert: a silence that speaks
“...Ascend this mountain of the Abarim, Mount Nebo in the land of Moab facing Jericho, and view the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the Israelites as a possession.”
The pilgrimage in Israel, Palestine and Jordan will take you along the paths traces by the Patriarchs and the Prophets preparing you to discover the places where Jesus lived.
The words of the Old and of the New Testament will come back to mind while you are visiting some of the cities that preserve the roots of Christian history: Mount Nebo, Madaba, Tabga, Capernaum, Cana and Jerusalem.
The colors of the Neghev and Wadi Rum deserts will take you by surprise, as will the view of Petra , a wonder built into pink stone by the Nabateans, let alone the Oasis of Ein Avdat in the spectacular scenerynbsp;of the biblical Wilderness of Zin. You will discover the Greco-Roman ruins of Jerash and you will have the possibility of renewing your baptismal promises at Qasr el Yahud besides seeing the caves where the famous manuscripts of the Essene community were preserved in Qumran.
We will pass through the Old Testament places, following on the footsteps of the people of Israel in their Exodus journey. We will commemorate Moses and Aaron in Petra and the Baptism of Jesus in Bethany.
Dive into biblical history, following on the footsteps of those that prepared the coming of the Son of God among us. Visit the most beautiful and significant places for salvation history in Jordan. Mount Nebo, the place where Moses arrived together with his people in order to enter the Promised Land, and Petra, the wonderful capital of the Nabateans. Be accompanied by Jesus as you reread the Gospel passages that tell the tale of his life on this earth.
We will follow the experience of the people of Israel as it wandered for 40 years in the desert, first in the Neghev Desert in Israel, and then in the Wadi Rum Desert in Jordan. We will look upon the Promised Land from Mount Nebo as Moses did, we will cross the Jordan river in order to reach Jerusalem, where Jesus lived His Passion, Death and Resurrection. We will come to know more about the Nabateans and their cities, Avdat and Petra.
OUR TOTAL TRIP FEE FROM ITALY INCLUDES
- sign-up fee of € 30,00
- flight with major airline carrier (Royal Jordanian or Alitalia according to the chosen itinerary)
- fuel tax and airport taxes
- application for the entrance visa to Jordan and/or Israel (as per the itinerary) for groups departing from Italy
- transportation in private coach as per the itinerary for the entirety of the pilgrimage
- visits as per the chosen itinerary
- accomodation in first class hotels in Jordan and second class hotels in Israel and in Palestine (two-bed room with private bathroom)
- full board from the dinner of the first day to the breakfast of the last day (drinks not included)
- document holder
- Guide book for Jordan (and guide book for Israel-Palestine with prayers, when included in the chosen itinerary)
- wireless tour guide system in Israel and Palestine
- local guide in Jordan
- biblical guide enabled by the Episcopal Commission for Christian pilgrimages in the Holy Land (as per the chosen itinerary)
- airport assistance (in Rome) from our staff
- penalty reimbursement for withdrawal from the pilgrimage
- insurance: assistance, medical expenses, baggage
OUR FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- drinks at meals
- extras in general
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: signed and valid passport (usually required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the return date from Tel Aviv, but in any case please check with the Israeli Embassy in your own country for the exact requirements when choosing an itinerary that includes Israel).
In order to obtain the entrance visa for Jordan and/or Israel (as per the itinerary) it is necessary to send a picture of each passport to ORP within a month from the departure date for the pilgrimage, in those cases where ORP will assist in requesting the visas (when the group is departing from Italy).
Palazzo del Vicariato
Via della Pigna, 13/a - 00186 Rome ITALY
Monday to Friday
9 AM to 1 PM and 2 PM to 5:30 PM (CEST)
Office at St. John Lateran Diocesan Offices
Piazza di Porta S. Giovanni, 6 - 00184 Rome ITALY
Monday to Friday
9 AM to 1 PM and 2 PM to 5:30 PM
Offices at St. Peter's
Palazzo dei Propilei
Piazza Pio XII, 9 (Saint Peter Square) - 00193 Rome ITALY
Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM (CEST)
Only for Roma Cristiana services:
Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM
Saturday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM
Sundays and Holidays from 9 AM to 4 PM
<a href="tel:+390669896379">+39 0669896379</a>