Fatima, Coimbra and Lisbon
In the oldest nation in Europe the azulejo decorations will catch your attention as well as the Manueline style buildings and the surprising masterpieces of baroque art such as the library in the University of Coimbra. Along the roads of Tomar with its majestic Christ Convent, and among Lisbon's neighbourhoods you will discover Portuguese culture and history. Your experience in Portugal will be enriched by celebrations and prayerful moments in the Chapel of the Apparitions in Fatima and in the places where the apparitions of the Angel and of Our Lady took place. One of our spiritual assistants will accompany you along this path of knowledge and of prayer.
day by day
Departing flight from Rome to Lisbon. Arrival in Lisbon and quick panoramic tour of the city with a visit to the Church of Saint Anthony of Padua, built over his birthplace. Transfer in private coach to Fatima where we pay devotion to Our Lady in the Chapel of the Apparitions.
In the morning, Way of the Cross at Os Valinhos, the place where the apparitions of the Angel and of Our Lady took place; visit of the village of Aljustrel where the visionaries Lucia, Francesco and Giacinta were born and visit to the Parish Church of Fatima. In the afternoon, visit of the Shrine and time for personal prayer. In the evening, recitation of the Holy Rosary and candlelight procession.
In the morning time for personal prayer. In the early afternoon, departure in private coach for Coimbra: tour of the city and visit of the magnificent library of Coimbra University, a wonderful masterpiece of baroque art. Visit to the convent where Sister Lucia lived, and visit to the Memorial dedicated to her. Return by private coach to Fatima and in the evening recitation of the Holy Rosary and candlelight procession.
In the morning, time for personal prayer. In the afternoon visit to Tomar and the majestic Christ Convent, originally built as a fortress belonging to the knights templar. After the order was dissolved in the 14th century, the Portuguese branch became the Christ Order which financed the great discoveries of the 15th century. The convent is one of the most important historical and artistic monuments in Portugal and is considered World Heritage by UNESCO ever since 1983. Return to Fatima. In the evening recitation of the Holy Rosary and candelight procession.
Transfer in private coach to Lisbon and guided visit to the Jerónimos Monastery and the Belém Tower, a city symbol, and to the Cathedral of Saint Mary Major. Transfer to the Lisbon airport and return flight for Rome.
INITIAL DEPOSIT€ 270
single room € 160
THE TOTAL TRIP FEE INCLUDES
- Sign-up fee of € 30
- Flight Rome/Lisbon - Lisbon/Rome (scheduled flight TAP Air Portugal – economy class)
- Fuel tax, airport taxes
- Transportation in private coach for the entirety of the pilgrimage
- Visits as per the itinerary
- Entrances: Shrine Museum and the “Fatima Light and Peace” exhibition, Monastery and Cloister of Batalha, University of Coimbra and Memorial of Sister Lucy, Christ Convent in Tomar
- Accomodation in superior 3 - 4 star hotels (two-bed room with private bathroom)
- Full board from the dinner of the first day until the breakfast of the last day, drinks included
- Document holder
- Pastoral Assistant (usually a lay person) for the entirety of the pilgrimage
- Spiritual Assistant (a priest) for the entirety of the pilgrimage
- Airport assistance in Rome from our staff
- Insurance: assistance, medical expenses, luggae
- Penalty reimbursement in case of withdrawal from a pilgrimage
THE TOTAL FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Extras in general
- City taxes to be paid directly to the hotel (where required)
Valid and signed passport (or for citizens of the European union / Schengen area, an ID card that is valid for out of country travel)
Palazzo del Vicariato
Via della Pigna, 13/a - 00186 Rome ITALY
Monday to Friday
9 AM to 1 PM and 2 PM to 5:30 PM (CEST)
Office at St. John Lateran Diocesan Offices
Piazza di Porta S. Giovanni, 6 - 00184 Rome ITALY
Monday to Friday
9 AM to 1 PM and 2 PM to 5:30 PM
Offices at St. Peter's
Palazzo dei Propilei
Piazza Pio XII, 9 (Saint Peter Square) - 00193 Rome ITALY
Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM (CEST)
Only for Roma Cristiana services:
Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM
Saturday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM
Sundays and Holidays from 9 AM to 4 PM
<a href="tel:+390669896379">+39 0669896379</a>